Following a research period, our user experience team and I put together a site map that would ensure an intuitive, optimised user journey. During a testing period, I got to work sketching ideas and designing visuals.
An idea I had was to include beskpoke iconography. Not only is this offer a personal touch, but some sections were quite unique making stock icons unsuitable.
I designed these icons from well-known buildings and landmarks in the Covent Garden area.
After many hours spent fussing over the details, it was time to hand over to the developers. This posed a challenge as every element had to be consistent with the new guidelines. To achieve this, each and every page element was provided as workable files and included layout diagrams. This gave us the exact look we had specified. 
Since publication, the traffic, clicks, email subscriptions and time spent have all had significant increases.
Below are a small collection of the mockups and guideline images from my working folders. Included to give an idea of some of the detailed work that went into this project.
Back to Top